Horizons 12 Open For Applications
12 artists will be selected by a panel of producers from BBC Wales, BBC Radio Cymru, Arts Council of Wales and a producer of the Horizons 12 scheme, as those most likely to make significant advances in their careers across the year. These will form Horizons 12.
Horizons 12 artists will be offered opportunities to perform at events across Wales and through BBC Cymru Wales' national radio stations - BBC Radio Cymru and/or BBC Radio Wales. They'll also benefit from a programme of support to assist the development of their music careers:
- exposure across BBC Cymru Wales services
- direct contact with a BBC producer overseeing the project
- a BBC recording session
- promotional tools including professional photoshoot and video
- career mentoring through a music industry devleopment lab
- opportunities to perform at a programme of Welsh festivals and BBC Cymru Wales events through the year, which may be broadcast
Horizons 12 is open to Wales-based artists writing, producing and performing original contemporary popular music. These genres include indie, electronic, urban, pop, rock, world, folk and emerging contemporary music genres.
Eligible artists must have a significant proportion of members(if a group) living in Wales - eg 1 in 4, two in five). Solo artists must live in Wales. Artists must prove they're over 16 years of age on the entry date. Artists must write, record and perform their own original material.
The closing date for applications is Monday 7th May midnight.
For more details and to apply please visit the Horizons 12 website.